Old 14-04-2005, 04:21 AM
Steve

Joseph A. Zupko wrote:

I have some 37-5-5 fertilizer for grass. It its release time nitrogen.
Can I use this for corn or is it too much nitrogen? The guy at the
garden center said it might be too much nitrogen and the corn will shoot
up too fast where it wont produce corn. Is this true?
Thank you

I use lawn fertilizer on my corn. I'm not sure it's 37-5-5 but it's
about that. I tend to apply a little 10-10-10 to the entire garden just
before planting. Then, only the corn gets the lawn fertilizer when it is
about a foot tall. From my experience it must be nearly impossible to
give enough nitrogen to cause no production. I think the plants would
die first.

Steve