Old 14-04-2005, 03:52 AM
Reel McKoi

"~Roy~" wrote in message

It would take a darn small mesh sized net to make any pond or item
snake proof......duh!

## ACE Hardware carried the finer black netting. Only very *small snakes*
can get through it.

And even then it will not work........No such
thing as snake proof unless its built from glass or other slick
smooth surfaces with straight vertical walls sufficiently high to keep
anything from crawlin gup and over it.

## They can't crawl up and over our netting. No snakes have been seen in
either pond or any of the netted pools. Newts, very small frogs and
salamanders easily go through the net.

A net over a pond and calling
it snake proof is false security.

## We haven't lost one fish that we know of to predators since netting the
ponds.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...