Old 14-04-2005, 03:59 AM
Reel McKoi

"Gareee©" wrote in message
"Reel McKoi" wrote in message

"Gareee©" wrote in message
Looks like we have an unwelcome guest.. it looks like a foot or so long
northern water snake.

Anyone have any ideas how to remove him?

$ If you remove it more will come. Where there is water and food for
snakes
you will have snakes.

I'm sure that will be the case eventually, but if he stays, I'll loose my
fish, probably the frogs, and the newts as well.

## Yes you will. The snake will even eat the birds that come for a drink.

There must be some way to trap snakes, so they can be relocated.

## If you discover a way to trap them please let me know. We had so many
snakes we had to remove all the holly bushes and ivy in front of the house
where they were hiding. We also had to stop using the area under our front
porch for storage as it was full of snakes. They were also getting caught
and dying in the nets. Now with the FREE meals out of their reach and their
hiding places gone we haven't seen but two of them (last summer.)

From what I've read, they aren't poisonous, but will bite if approached,

and
I need to clean the pond bottom, rearrange rocks in it, and get the

lillies
out for splitting and rearrange them.

## Go ahead and clean the pond, but do expect them snake to return as soon
as things quiet back down.

In other words, I'm afraid to be working in the pond knowing there's a

snake
in there.

## Almost all snakes head for the hills when someone starts working in
their happy hunting ground, the pond in your case - so it's not likely
you'll get bit. I was bitten by a black snake when I was a kid. It's not
that painful.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...