Old 14-04-2005, 04:52 PM
eurekaoz

snip

I'm no expert, but I've never heard of any palm species having *runners*.
Some probably sucker from the base, though. My impression of palms

generally
was that they had shallow, fibrous roots, which dont' seem likely to cause
damage. Is there a nursery nearby where you could check with a qualified
person?

Havn't always found local nurseries give good advice, tainted by their own
views like on the multigrafted 'fruit-salad' trees (can't get a local
nursery to get any- fortunately a local market has some who sells them).

BTW: Hi Chookie! Nice to see someone from alt.aus.parents over here!

And now from the new aus.family as well! Anyone with a family is welcome

join in!

Right after bl**dy BigPond NewServer picks it up! whine lop sided grin

snip

--
Chris

Dad of DS R(06-06-03)