Old 14-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Bluebee

I remember having the similar problem while I lived in apartment. I
bought a bag of river rocks from Lowes and "sprinkled" them on the top
of the soil in the planters. The squirrels, never bothered them again

Susan Hogarth wrote:
Heya, all

My mother is having fits because after she gave up on having potted
plants on her porch because of squirrel trouble, people have started to
give her plants (noticing that she didn't have any). Now she feels
obligated to try again.

The squirrel(s) in question gets nuts from a neighbor, then buries them
in my mother's planters, tearing up the plants in the process.

Any suggestions?

- Susan