Old 15-04-2005, 01:36 AM
Phisherman

Lilies probably won't grow than 2 feet tall. I planted a 120 foot row
of Rose of Sharon to hide my neighbor's cyclone fence and barking dog.
The hedge is now 10 feet tall and blooms from mid summer to fall,
draws bees and hummingbirds, then drops its leaves in the fall. I
trim it back every fall to keep it contained. It provides excellent
privacy during the summer/fall months when I need it. I got lots of
compliments from the neighbors. ROS grows well in Cleveland, Ohio, so
it should do well in Buffalo.

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:48:49 -0400, "Gntry" wrote:

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me about lilies. I was thinking about
putting them in my yard along a fence to hide it...is this a good choice?
How hardy are they? If I plant them now, how long before they'd be approx.
3ft high? Any info is greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure what zone I am, I'm in upstate NY near Buffalo.
Thanks
Cg