Old 14-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Mike

but the vertical climbs by F16's really put the wind up the children
and animals.

I have had a stand at the International Festival of the Sea at Portsmouth on
two occasions and I am there with a stand in June/July. A Royal Navy Jet
comes in low across Portsmouth Harbour from the back near Portchester and
when it gets to the Dockyard it lifts vertical and flies into the sun. The
noise is deafening and when it first happened, children around the stand
screamed. After that I went out when it was due to appear again and warned
parents.

If you are coming to the International Festival of the Sea this year, WITH
CHILDREN, please be warned. It will be in the programme when it is due to
happen, please please please take note. It is a horrendous row, a full blast
of a fighter Jet at zero altitude. Spectacular, but bloody ear deafening.

Come and visit the "RN Shipmates" Stand and have a sit down ;-))

Mike