Old 14-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Phil L

Mike wrote:
:: On this great day..Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:44:00 GMT, "Phil L"
:: wrote:
::
:: snipped
:::
::: So what are the creamy coloured critters in my garden? - they
::: have an orange head and are quite ugly,
:: /snipped
::
:: Sounds like they are Chafer grubs .........

Yep, them's the buggers! I've just done an image search and these are quite
common in my front garden along with leatherjackets, can't say I've noticed
any damage to the lawn though.
I always chuck 'em to the birds when I find 'em...we do have a lot of birds
in the garden almost all year round due to me putting fat balls on the tree
now and again, I suppose the birds are keeping them down to minimal levels
for me do they attack bedding plants or any other type of roots? - I
can't say I've noticed anything in the past but I don't want to lose any
this year as I've grown most of them myself from last years seeds.

They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country
and our people, and neither do we."
- George W. Bush, 5.8.2004