Old 14-04-2005, 10:03 PM
tom

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:04:24 GMT, "p00kie"
wrote:
Thats a lot of money for me to spend & there is no way i can justify
spending £40 on a plant. From what people have been telling me I'll
give it up as a bad idea.

Thanks to everyone for their assistance.

Up to now the most expensive plant I have bought cost £12 (japanese
maple) and it died after 6 months. I was gutted :-(

"tom" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,

When I first bought my house (first ever garden) I saw a thread on
this NG that mentioned a plant swap web site. At the time I didn't
have anything to swap.

I'm desperate for 2 "black bamboo" plants to put in two old half
wooden barrels.

They seem very expensive online and I haven't seen any at my local
garden suppliers.

Can anyone remember the url & whether or not its still online.

Thanks for your help.

You're just on the edge of when some garden centres buy in their bamboos
(well around my area in mid-essex).
For a small clump (say of half a dozen to 10 canes some black) about 8-10
feet high expect to pay in the region of around £39.
HTH