Old 15-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Reel McKoi

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
John Bachman wrote:

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:19:44 -0300, Derek Broughton
wrote:

I stopped actually
planting lilies - just fasten them to a weight, and drop them in the

pond!
- so I really can't recall which end you expect to grow. The important
rule is to keep the crown where those leaves emerge above the soil line.

How do you keep the fish from eating them?

I have never had a problem with that (and I've never much fed the fish,
either). The lilies grew way too fast anyway!
--
derek

My koi will nibble the roots off water lilies if given the chance. The GF
don't touch them. I do feed my fish because of the number kept per pond.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...