Old 16-04-2005, 05:18 AM
Elaine T

Bill Stock wrote:
"Elaine T" wrote in message

I have a black tomcat that comes to drink from the pond. Now the shubies
in that barrel never come to the surface when I'm there. When I first got
them, they played in the filter outflow and were always cruising the
duckweed hunting for food. Now I put food in and it disappears only after
I walk away from the pond. Every now and again I see a flash of color so I
know they're alive.

Will bird netting stop a cat, or is there any way to "reassure" the fish
so I can actually see them and know they're healthy? Is the cat even
what's troubling the fish?

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__

My mother lived in a Condo that had a fish pond. But they had to stop
stocking it, as the cats ate all the GF.

Fortunately, I think the cat would have to go swimming to get to the
inside of the clay pot "cave" at the bottom of the barrel.

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__