Old 16-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Jim Carlock

Vitamin's D and C both aid in absorbing calcium. In fact, 500mg of
vitamin C every day is great. You'll almost NEVER get sick. When you
get the flue it'll only last one day as long as you raise your body temp
which is the body's natural way to fight it.

I started off taking vitamin C at the 1000mg doses when I was 14. I've
cut it back to 500mg at various times and I notice a definite difference
in things when I quit taking it (I'm more apt to be affected by allergies,
colds and other things).

I can't speak for the stuff listed at this site but it seems like a pretty
good reference. If anyone sees anything on it that they disagree with
perhaps they could post it and let us know whats up.
http://www.ehow.com/how_3953_absorb-...pplements.html

Recently I've seen some calcium pills combined with zinc. According
to the link above, zinc may interfere with the absorption of calcium.

--
Jim Carlock
Please post replies to newsgroup.