Old 16-04-2005, 02:53 AM
madgardener

"Ann" wrote in message
escape expounded:

Things start falling off, sucking in.
The soy isoflavones work remarkably well. The way they work, if you

don't
already know, is that they fit into the receptors the estrogen normally

fits
into. So, it fools the body into thinking it is getting estrogen. Now,

it
doesn't help bone density or the like, so you really should get a bone

density
test, if you haven't already. That way there is a baseline. I had mine

and my
spine is right on the line of being one click into osteoporosis, so I get
calcium any way I can. Citracal or calcium citrate of any sort is easier

on the
system, I find.

Been there, done that, as far as the bone density goes, and it really
****es me off, I'm a big milk drinker, eat yogurt, take calcium,
exercise (quite a bit) and I'm still osteopenic (sounds like you are,
too). Next step is Fosomax (sp?) Eh, gotta get those bones strong so
I can be an ancient old woman who keels over dead in her garden,
garden fork under one foot......

Anyone know if Tasha Tudor is still gardening, spinning linen and making
shirts for her son, milking her goats and walking around barefoot in her
Vermont home with her Corgi's?? talk about aging gracefully........oh but
if we could but age like sweet Tasha...............(what is she now, in her
90's? or just mid 80's ?)
maddie
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Old 16-04-2005, 11:49 AM
Ann

"madgardener" expounded:

Anyone know if Tasha Tudor is still gardening, spinning linen and making
shirts for her son, milking her goats and walking around barefoot in her
Vermont home with her Corgi's?? talk about aging gracefully........oh but
if we could but age like sweet Tasha...............(what is she now, in her
90's? or just mid 80's ?)

As far as I know she is. I'd like to get to see her before she goes.
She's actually not too far from me, down in Connecticut, last I heard.
Old 16-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Jim Carlock

Vitamin's D and C both aid in absorbing calcium. In fact, 500mg of
vitamin C every day is great. You'll almost NEVER get sick. When you
get the flue it'll only last one day as long as you raise your body temp
which is the body's natural way to fight it.

I started off taking vitamin C at the 1000mg doses when I was 14. I've
cut it back to 500mg at various times and I notice a definite difference
in things when I quit taking it (I'm more apt to be affected by allergies,
colds and other things).

I can't speak for the stuff listed at this site but it seems like a pretty
good reference. If anyone sees anything on it that they disagree with
perhaps they could post it and let us know whats up.
http://www.ehow.com/how_3953_absorb-...pplements.html

Recently I've seen some calcium pills combined with zinc. According
to the link above, zinc may interfere with the absorption of calcium.

--
Jim Carlock
Please post replies to newsgroup.

[IMG] code is On

Calling Cereus-validus-........... Chuckie Gardening 0 25-02-2006 02:44 AM
Cereus-validus Travis Gardening 0 03-11-2005 06:42 PM
Abuse Record of Cereus-Validus/Ken Anderson Joe Gardening 35 06-02-2005 06:24 AM
Cereus-Validus is an offensive troll escapee Gardening 23 15-04-2004 09:02 PM