Old 16-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Reel McKoi

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
If the lilly already has some leaves, it should be easy to tell which
side is placed up.. I place the active end of tuber close to the wall
of the pot, and center it accross the middle if in a round pot, or
diagonal in a square pot so it has longer length to grow in.

Let me make sure I'm reading this right. You place the non-active end
against the pot side with the active end ready to grow across the pot,
right? ~ jan

That's how I do it too Jan. I put the cut end against the pot corner and
point the growing tip to the opposite corner. That gives the lily a lot of
growing room before it needs a repotting.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...