Old 17-04-2005, 08:56 AM
Klara

In message , JennyC
writes
-2 is forecast for us tonight in South Devon's South Hams. Your risk!
;-(
--

It seems to depend on which forecast you follow, but 0 is forecast for
us tonight, and -3 tomorrow, by the BBC...

Yikes!!!
+7 to 8 forecasted here tonight :~) Jenny

The problem isn't that frosts are later - as Nick says, April frosts are
normal. It's that many plants come into bud much earlier, and so are
susceptible to them. In our 30 years here, for the first 20 we had
lovely wisteria blossom. In the last 10, only once, and we've lost them
again this year. :-((( Should have hung a sheet over them somehow....

--
Klara, Gatwick basin