Old 17-04-2005, 02:42 PM
rosie read n' post

we planted a wisteria, and it too seemed to take forever to get
established and grow.
we moved before it bloomed!

"Tony & Shellie Welch" wrote in message
ink.net...
: I built a structure for my swing and hammock 10+ years ago and
planted a
: wisteria on one corner. Boy was it slow to start out. Probably
took 3-5
: years to get above 3 feet tall, then Whamo! It took off like all
good
: wisterias are prone to do. I traied it to cover the open slat top
of the
: structure whic h is about 10X14. It has finally covered the top
of the
: structure to give a shady spot.
:
: I never thought it would ever get around to flowering, but by
golly, THIS
: year it is covered with buds. They've elongated to 4+ inches and
may open
: any day!!!. Can't quite tell what color they will be - I've long
since
: forgotten which wisteria it was.
:
: I am thrilled !!!!!