Old 17-04-2005, 05:19 PM

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 12:53:05 GMT, fran
wrote:

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 12:18:07 -0400, "
rickm wrote:

. Oh, poison ivy vines are @#$$#%.

Hate that stuff - all I have to do is get near it and I itch for a
month :{

Not me, I could roll around naked in it. For now anyway, one day it
will catch up with me. It's totally all done, the soil raked clean
and ready.

2) the area were the maple was is a E facing slope about 6' high and
30' long....sloped about 45 degrees. I was going to rake all of the
leaves out, then seed, cover with hay, water, and let it go. should
this do the trick, or is there anything else I need to do?

With that slope, I'd plant with crown vetch instead of grass - it's
going to be a royal *!&^% to mow.

I'm going with grass....vetch can be invasive. Grass for now, at the
top of the slope I'm putting a line of azaleas. I should just pave it.