Old 17-04-2005, 06:40 PM
kathy

Default not OT, Atlantis sunk

Yesterday it was time to add water to the pond.

Well, the new water floated the island container
off its pedestal and it gently sank to the bottom
of the pond.

I reported the sinking to Jan and she christened
the island 'Atlantis'.

So there Atlantis sits. on the bottom of the pond.
Waiting for some re-engineering. Probably a wider
pedestal. Maybe some heavy rocks in the planter.

Will be interesting to see how the creeping jenny
does that far down. It seems to like to grow underneath
the water where I have it planted in the edge.
I doubt the sweet potato vine is going to like it
down there. The snails are probably going to be
thrilled with it though.

I think I'll wait until the marginals I'm looking
at come into the nurseries, and then coordinate with
DH's schedule and the weather and we'll raise Atlantis!

kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com
new ~ attracting and caring for
amphibians in the pond