Old 17-04-2005, 06:40 PM
kathy

Default not OT, Atlantis sunk

Yesterday it was time to add water to the pond.

Well, the new water floated the island container
off its pedestal and it gently sank to the bottom
of the pond.

I reported the sinking to Jan and she christened
the island 'Atlantis'.

So there Atlantis sits. on the bottom of the pond.
Waiting for some re-engineering. Probably a wider
pedestal. Maybe some heavy rocks in the planter.

Will be interesting to see how the creeping jenny
does that far down. It seems to like to grow underneath
the water where I have it planted in the edge.
I doubt the sweet potato vine is going to like it
down there. The snails are probably going to be
thrilled with it though.

I think I'll wait until the marginals I'm looking
at come into the nurseries, and then coordinate with
DH's schedule and the weather and we'll raise Atlantis!

kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com
new ~ attracting and caring for
amphibians in the pond

Old 17-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Bonnie NJ

I want to know - how deep is it now and just who will have to retrieve
Atlantis? I once dropped a pot in the koi pond and it's still there ;-).

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 17-04-2005, 11:43 PM
Reel McKoi

"kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I think I'll wait until the marginals I'm looking
at come into the nurseries, and then coordinate with
DH's schedule and the weather and we'll raise Atlantis!

=========================
I hope they don't rot and foul the water by then.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 17-04-2005, 11:52 PM
kathy

DH has a pair of waders that come up to his
armpits and he can get anything out of the pond,
about 3.5 feet at its deepest (which is where
Atlantis sank).

The creeping jenny will grow underwater,
the sweet potato vine was already being
chowed down on by the darned snails so
it will be gone by mid week I'm predicting.
They don't seem to like creeping jenny.

kathy :-)

Old 18-04-2005, 02:56 AM
Reel McKoi

"kathy" wrote in message
oups.com...
The creeping jenny will grow underwater,
the sweet potato vine was already being
chowed down on by the darned snails so
it will be gone by mid week I'm predicting.
They don't seem to like creeping jenny.

==================================
I predict an explosion in the snail population. :-))
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Old 18-04-2005, 04:50 AM
Crashj

On or about 17 Apr 2005 15:52:42 -0700, "kathy" wrote
something like:

the sweet potato vine was already being
chowed down on by the darned snails

Tell us more about the sweet potato please?
How planted or potted, in the water or shore or bog?

--
Crashj
Old 18-04-2005, 02:15 PM
kathy

I first saw sweet potato vine planted in a container water
garden in a magazine. They placed at the edge and it
trailed over.
There are all sorts of pretty colours available now in the
nursery.
I haven't tried it yet in the pond, until I tried it on the island.
I was going to train it up some kind of artsy trellis that I
was going to put in the middle of the island.
I might find another corner on the deck for a container water garden
and
try it again....

kathy :-)

Old 19-04-2005, 04:52 PM
Artships

In article ,
Crashj writes:
Tell us more about the sweet potato please?
How planted or potted, in the water or shore or bog?

Bought two of the greens and one of the purples, rinsed all the dirt
off the roots, stuck them in the top of my little skippy filter.
They're doing pretty well, but the spearmint I put in last fall and
which survived the winter is quite taking over. I'm hoping all these
guys will overrun the fountain. I'll put some new pictures up in a
day or two.

http://artships.com/pond.php
--
"Most projects start out slowly -- and then sort of taper off"
-Norman Augustine
Old 26-04-2005, 08:16 PM
jabriol

ByStander wrote:
Is Jabriol's crossposting driving you nuts?

You can find Jabriol in person at:

Antonio L. Santana~Candia a.k.a.
3072 Constitution Rd.
Camden NJ

Jabriol's Phone 856 962-9003

He does **NOT** live across the street from the Camden NJ Police
Dept. That was another lie.

Camden Police Departments

Police Building
8th & Federal Sts.
One Police Plaza
Camden, NJ 08103
Phone: 856-757-7400
Fax: 856-757-0145

Camden County
Office of the Sheriff
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 769
Room 100 - Courthouse
520 Market Street
Camden, New Jersey 08101
(856) 225-5470 Fax: (856) 225-5578

Jabriol posts using Google groups, but Google adds the NNTP
posting
IP address of the computer that was used to post from. On
misc.legal Jabriol had 3 separate IP addresses
(dialed up 3 different times). They we

To track the ISP you cut and paste the offending IP address and

trace
it through a service that looks it up.

Samspade is one of those services-
www.samspade.org

Put in the IP address and hit "do stuff"

The result for 63.154.80.65 is below:

Server Used: [ whois.arin.net ]

63.154.80.65 = [

0-1pool80-65.nas15.jersey-city1.nj.us.da.qwest.net ]
OrgName: Qwest Communications
OrgID: QWDL
Address: 950 17th Street
Address: Suite 1900
City: Denver
StateProv: CO
PostalCode: 80202
Country: US
NetRange: 63.152.0.0 - 63.159.255.255
CIDR: 63.152.0.0/13
NetName: QWEST-2BLKS
NetHandle: NET-63-152-0-0-1
Parent: NET-63-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: DCA-ANS-01.INET.QWEST.NET
NameServer: SVL-ANS-01.INET.QWEST.NET
Comment: ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
RegDate: 2000-07-12
Updated: 2000-08-23
TechHandle: QN-ARIN
TechName: NOC
TechPhone: 1-703-363-3001
TechEmail:
OrgAbuseHandle: QIA2-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: Qwest IP Abuse
OrgAbusePhone: 1-877-886-6515
OrgAbuseEmail:

OrgNOCHandle: QIN-ARIN
OrgNOCName: Qwest IP NOC
OrgNOCPhone: 1-877-886-6515
OrgNOCEmail:

OrgTechHandle: QIA-ARIN
OrgTechName: Qwest IP Admin
OrgTechPhone: 1-877-886-6515
OrgTechEmail:

The top part shows where the IP address resolved to, in this case

it
was: 0-1pool80-65.nas15.jersey-city1.nj.us.da.qwest.net

Which indicates it's a dial-up modem pool in Jersey City, New

Jersey.

The owner of that POP (point of presence) is Qwest

Communications.
Now, this is not nessecarily the ISP of who you want to find.

Many
ISP's have agreements with other ISP's allowing dial-in access

for
their customers that may be traveling, for instance. But, since

the
alleged abuse originated at this access point, Qwest

Communications
would be the ones to get any complaints. It's important to note

the
exact time of the incident by forwarding complete headers, that

way
they can go back to the log and see who was connected to the

specific
port at that time. They can find out the user name and caller ID

of
whomever was connected.

Hope this helps

ByStander

The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
is unverified. You need a valid hashcash token to post to groups

other
than alt.test and alt.anonymous.messages. Visit

www.panta-rhei.dyndns.org
for abuse and hashcash info.