Old 17-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Peter H

"jamogod" wrote in message
Here's one for the experts. I've been in the industry for 10 years and

I've
never seen this!!

In Southwestern Ontario we are seeing alot of snowmold, which I know to be
more of a cosmetic problem than anything. A few of my clients properties
that were completely reseeded with perennial ryegrass 2 seasons ago have
lost over 50% of their lawn due to snowmold. I cannot find any bugs or any
signs of any other fungus or problems. These lawns were gorgeous in the
fall. Adjoining neighbours with Kentucky Bluegrass are not having this
problem. Its a nice crisp line down the middle.

These clients are going to be angry if they have to pay to reseed again

and
its gonna cost me a small fortune if I do it for free ( highly unlikely ).
Anybody know if there's a quick remedy to this - Kelp, urea application -
ANYTHING.

Much appreciated

As you say snowmold is normally just a cosmetic problem. I'm in the Toronto
area and the lawns here haven't started up yet. I can appreciate the fact
that the ryegrass lawns are suffering more than the bluegrass, but how do
you know that they have lost 50% of the lawns? Are you sure that they won't
just come back at the bluegrass lawns do?

Peter H