Old 10-02-2003, 08:25 PM
Penny Morgan

Default Need some clarification

Part shade is usually early morning sun/afternoon shade (sun 3-4 hours in
morning/shade 7+ hours in afternoon).

Part sun is the opposite: Shade 3-4 hours in morning/sun 7+ in afternoon.

*These are estimates - plus or minus a few hours. There are no set rules in
the amount of hours. It usually means that the plant will do better with
these conditions. Take an example of geraniums. Here in the south, I find
they look very lush and vibrant if they have part shade (early morning sun
and afternoon shade). The afternoon sun is much more intense and tends to
burn plant leaves.

I would say full sun is at least 7+ hours of afternoon sun.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina
"Todd J." wrote in message
When looking at plants and the enviroment, I have some grey areas I
need cleared up:

What defines partical shade as opposed to partical sun? Are they the
same?? How many hours is needed for either condition?

How many hours is "full" sun considered?

Thanks.

Change the .com to .net to email me