Old 17-04-2005, 09:47 PM
Mike Lyle

Tumbleweed wrote:
"JennyC" wrote in message

"w.g.s.hamm" wrote
"SteveWJ" wrote
Hi,

I want to make a cheap, basic water feature for our decking and

solar-powered pump would seem the easiest way of doing this.

Does
anyone have any experience of using these? - are they generally

any
good, and what should I look out for?
snip
Steve

I bought several of them a couple of years ago from different
sources hoping to make a water feature. I returned each of them

the shops and bought an electric one. They are rubbish and a

waste
of money. For a start
they only work in full sunshine and secondly I could pee a better
flow rate
than they produce.

I had a similar experience with solar lights :~(
More like glow worms !
Jenny

I am convinced my garden gets darker when the solar lights come on.
petrol station junk bought on an impulse.

Was it, I wonder, one of my own children or somebody else's who used
to say "Turn the dark on"? This was, of course, before clever Daddy
discovered how to blow out an electric light.

--
Mike.