Old 17-04-2005, 10:24 PM
shazzbat

"Klara" wrote in message
In message , JennyC
writes
-2 is forecast for us tonight in South Devon's South Hams. Your risk!
;-(
--
It seems to depend on which forecast you follow, but 0 is forecast for
us tonight, and -3 tomorrow, by the BBC...

Yikes!!!
+7 to 8 forecasted here tonight :~) Jenny

We had a sharp frost this morning in BH22, and later we went to a car boot
sale and saw loads of plants sagging sadly, obviously frosted, possibly at
the car boot since many stall holders were there from 0600 or even earlier,
it was still frosty then. We also saw loads of people buying trays of
bedding and I earned myself a black look from one of the sellers when I
mentioned to a buyer that they would become victims also.

A week or so ago we had our first earlies showing by about an inch or so at
the allotment, and then we went down there again and there had obviously
been a frost which had turned their tops brown, although there had not been
a frost at home only 2 miles away.

And why is it that now we've had a wicked frost here now, the potatoes which
have sprung up in the compost are just fine, are they immune or something?

Steve