Old 18-04-2005, 01:10 AM
[H]omer

Default Alpine / Rock plants?

I have a small area covered in loose 2" pink granite rocks, and I'd like
to know if there's any type of plant (wild or otherwise) which could
grow on it (other than lichen or moss). There is some compacted/stony
soil underneath that is quite acid, and the rocks are about 2 - 3 deep.

Please don't ask why
I *do* have a reason.

Most of the stuff I've found via Google requires limestone or direct
soil contact, which I don't think would work here (unless the plants
seeded underneath the rocks then grew through the cracks).

I'd prefer full cover (kind of like heather) with delicate flowers -
i.e. hide the rocks. No I'm not going to move them

-
Thanks,
[H]omer.