Old 18-04-2005, 03:48 AM
Bill

Nikki Casali Spaketh Thusly:

All my Cryptocorynes seem to have perfect holes in their leaves:
http://www.ncasali.demon.co.uk/Plant...oryneHoles.jpg

It seems like it's getting worse recently. I dosed with nitrate
experimentally for the first time, so I don't know if that is a
coincidence. The amount of fish food I give seems to maintain a nitrate
level of around 12 mg/L even with the tank completely planted. This must
be its equilibrium level.

Do they start as pinholes and grow? If so, it may be a potassium deficiency -
I had this problem once, easily fixed with Green Light stump remover.

If not, I would guess they're being eaten.

--
Bill H. [my "reply to" address is real]
www.necka.net