Old 18-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Ornata Ornata is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Tipper
We have a Columnar Siberan ceab apple, doing very nicely as far as leaves
go.
The year we planted it, it bloomed, and the next year. But for two oe three
years since, there have only een at most 20 blossoms or so.
It only gets morning and noon sun, but another one up the street in simiar
light snd worse soil bloo ms spectacularly every year. Could it need
fertilizing? With what?

Thanks,
Sandy in Toronto
Maybe hold back with the fertiliser. I just read an article this morning on crab apples, in which the author (Monty Don - a gardening writer and presenter in the UK) says you shouldn't enrich the soil that crabs are planted it. In poorer soil they put their energy into flowering, whereas in rich soil they concentrate on leaf production.