Old 19-04-2005, 02:00 AM
~Roy~

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:07:06 -0300, Derek Broughton
wrote:

===~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
===
=== Another tip about iris, the part that blooms, should be cut off and just
=== keep the shoots off the sides that didn't have blooms. The part that
=== blooms will never bloom again and the off shoots will bloom the next year.
===
===It just shows to go you... I've had irises for years, been on this group
===for about as many, and I _never_ knew that. Thanks Jan.

So now I have to go around and cut all those shoots off that had
blooms.........hmmmmmmmm What would be the result if I elected not
to cut them. I may be able to keep up with them this year, maybe next
year, but at the rate their growing and spreading I doubt I could
manage that the next year, as I hjave em planted about every 3 to 5
feet all around a 1+ acre sized pond.........sure looks better than
cat tails ;-) At least they stay green all year and have pretty
flowers in spring.

If I do not cut them will the off shoots still make blooms or what?