Old 19-04-2005, 03:11 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Sounds like lots of good advice. My only comment is that if it takes
hold, you will have lots of lillies. Be careful of doing that with
lotus...they are harder to get out because of the depth to which they go.

Enjoy

Jim

JJ wrote:
Can one just place a weight on a Hardy Lily rhizome and simply place it in
2-3 feet of water in a man made pond that has a dirt bottom? Will it take
root and continue to grow? There is a pond in our neighborhood that could
use some foliage and everyone agrees that water lilies would be nice. The
pond already contains goldfish. The pound is aprox. 2 acres.
Any thoughts on how to plant?

Jerry