Old 18-04-2005, 10:09 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Kay wrote:
In article , Miss
Perspicacia Tick writes

May I respectfully request that you do *NOT* purchase peat. Peat
bogs are one of the UK's fastest disappearing habitats and are
unique environments supporting species not found elsewhere, like the
UK's only carnivorous plant, the sundew.

I support your message, but 'the' sundew isn't our only carnivorous
plant. Peat bogs are where the *three* sundew species are found. Then
we also have two species of Butterwort (Pinguicula), and Utricularia.
There might be more!

OK, OK, Sarah tries to be authoritative and, once again, ends up looking a
complete fool....

Sarah doesn't mind - it's not the first time...

Thanks, Janet.