Old 19-04-2005, 03:19 AM
Steveo

Timothy wrote:
On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 22:23:03 -0400, jamogod wrote:

Here's one for the experts. I've been in the industry for 10 years and
I've never seen this!!

In Southwestern Ontario we are seeing alot of snowmold, which I know to
be more of a cosmetic problem than anything. A few of my clients
properties that were completely reseeded with perennial ryegrass 2
seasons ago have lost over 50% of their lawn due to snowmold. I cannot
find any bugs or any signs of any other fungus or problems. These lawns
were gorgeous in the fall. Adjoining neighbours with Kentucky Bluegrass
are not having this problem. Its a nice crisp line down the middle.

These clients are going to be angry if they have to pay to reseed again
and its gonna cost me a small fortune if I do it for free ( highly
unlikely ). Anybody know if there's a quick remedy to this - Kelp, urea
application - ANYTHING.

Much appreciated

Good day Jamogod. Snow mold happens here where I'm at also... but it's
generally due to over-fertilization in the fall. When you say "These
lawns were gorgeous in the fall...", this implies to me that the lawn was
pumped with nitorgen through out the year to get that 'show lawn' look.

-snip-

Too much rye-grass.