Old 19-04-2005, 02:18 PM
nortyler

Thanks for the input,

I have a few quick questions about external vs. submersable pumps and
filters.

1. Does an external pump need some sort of pump house (cover) to keep
it out of the weather?

2. Do the leaf strainers that come with external pumps collect leaves
or do they just keep the leaves out of the pump? Do the strainers sit
on the bottom of the pond and if they do will they pull the muck
through an external filter(ie veggie, waterfall)or do you need some
other device?

3. Are there different types of bottom drains? When looking throuh the
internet adds there seemed to be what was like a conventional drain and
also a device that sat on the bottom and connected to a skimmer.

I probably will start with just a pump and would like to add a filter
of some sort. I don't know if I have room for a veggie filter. How good
are waterfall filters?

Thanks,

Nort