Old 19-04-2005, 09:06 PM
keith ;-\)

Try both,save seed & see what comes up!You can get some interesting combos
if you let nature do some work!

--
Thanks Keith,Nottingham,England,UK.
"Ian Waddell" wrote in message
Yes that's what they are. Packet said Sweet Peas then "everlasting pea"
underneath.

I too am disappointed that they won't be fragrant, I just hope they look
nice.

We have also bought some annuals, are these likely to self-seed, or should

try collecting for next year?

"Robert" wrote in message

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
: Robert wrote:
: "Ian Waddell" wrote in message
: ...
: Hi, I'm growing some perennial sweet peas from seed. A few are
: now
: 3-4 inches high and starting to lean over. I have put the tallest
: 3
: plants in a large pot with a cane to support them. However, the
: stems look rather thin compared to the annual varieties.
:
: Has anyone grown these from seed and have any tips for me?
:
: Regards,
:
: Ian
:
:
: I just let them go. The roots must not be disturbed, that is the
: main
: thing. Better if they were in the ground, pity they don't have any
: perfume
:
: So you mean they aren't sweet peas, then? Just plain old "Everlasting
: peas"? I take a very dim view of plant-breeders who have the immortal
: gall to market as "sweet peas" things which you can't smell from the
: other end of the garden: they should go to jail gor it.
:
: --
: Mike.
:
Well I expect that's what they are, I haven't heard of anything else