Old 20-04-2005, 02:21 AM
~Roy~

On 19 Apr 2005 17:49:31 -0700, "
wrote:

===have you ever seen what happens when you put yeast into an aquaruim?
===the water turns white and starts to smell like barf. young yeast cells
===grow on the walls like white fur, inches long. this process uses all
===available oxygen in the water, there is none left for the fish. the
===plants aborb the yeast and release it. even if they are moved to a new
===body of water, they will soon start to release the yeast they have
===stored and convert the clear water to a milky, furry and smelly
===substance.
===
===the only way to remove it is to boil the tank contents and discard the
===plants. if any fish survive, they should be ok. i don't know too much
===about septic tanks but i know a lot about aquariums and unfortunatley
===what happens when you put yeast in them. in my case it was baking yeast
===that a cat knocked into a tank.
===
===but if you feel condifent in your method, give it a try and let me know
===how it goes.

I don;t have to worry about kick starting my pond, its a natural pond
been kicking itself for over 20 some years now.....I was just passing
on something i heard stated about using brewers yeast. Also heard you
can use baker yeast as well....don;t really know one way or another.

I have seen some of the so called stuff they sell used in another
liner type pond of my friends, and it stated to apply so much of it
inside the filter box, and spread some around surface of pond. It
appeared to do what you description of what yeast does.....I sort of
turned the water in the area that had it sprinkled on top a milky
white color, and even months later inside the filter box the stuff was
a reall yucky slimey mess, reminded you of soggy cornmeal............