Old 20-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Ceri Davies

On 2005-04-19, Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from Ceri Davies contains these words:

On 2005-04-19, Jeanne Stockdale wrote:

how late can we sow the
rest of the crops to get a decent yield this summer?

Having acquired an allotment in Cardiff just two weeks ago, I'm
wondering the same. It's been too wet to do anything with pretty much
the whole time since.

Remember that many veg are best planted in succession anyway, to give
a long supply of fresh young crops. You can plant potatoes, runner and
french beans, peas, sugar snaps, carrots, lettuce, courgettes, radish,
spinach, beetroot in June and still get a worthwhile crop.

Thanks Janet, that's encouraging.

Ceri
not sure about the former. -- Einstein (attrib.)