Old 20-04-2005, 03:23 PM
Polly Purebred

Default Looking for a taller, cascading annual

Greetings All,

I'm looking for ideas for a cascading annual for a raised flower bed.
The top of the soil is about 7-8 inches below the top of the
landscaping
timbers, so I need a flower that will grow fairly tall before it
cascades over the timbers. It's for the front of the bed and will have
other flowers behind it, so it can't be too tall. Also, it can't be
too invasive. I'll need to be able to snip it back if too long, and
train it to go one direction (over the timbers). I don't want it
spreading in all directions, if you get me.

Yes, I know all about petunias, and I have lots of petunias, but I want
something different here. Zone 6, full sun. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Polly