Old 20-04-2005, 05:07 PM
hugh

In message , rodfraser
writes

Hi all,
I had my front and rear lawns returfed 2 years ago and they look
reasonably good. However I have a few problems:

I have a couple of bare patches on my rear lawn.

Some broad bladed grass growing

A type of weed/plant growing in the lawn I've never seen before.

I mow once a week, not too short and put a weed & feed down last week.
The weed & feed is doing it's job but hasn't killed this bizarre plant.
How can I treat my lawn to resolve all three problems?
Thanks,
Rod

--
rodfraser

Sow a bit of seed on the bare patches - you can get small lawn repair
packs in some garden centres.

Try a spot wee killer on your weed- I always go for Verdone.

Broad bladed grass is a bit more difficult. Other than digging it out,
the type of grass which thrives best depends on your soil type and pH.
--
hugh