Old 14-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Registered User

Default Lawn Care

Hi all,
I had my front and rear lawns returfed 2 years ago and they look reasonably good. However I have a few problems:

I have a couple of bare patches on my rear lawn.

Some broad bladed grass growing

A type of weed/plant growing in the lawn I've never seen before.

I mow once a week, not too short and put a weed & feed down last week. The weed & feed is doing it's job but hasn't killed this bizarre plant. How can I treat my lawn to resolve all three problems?
Thanks,
Rod
Old 20-04-2005, 05:07 PM
hugh

In message , rodfraser
writes

--
rodfraser

Sow a bit of seed on the bare patches - you can get small lawn repair
packs in some garden centres.

Try a spot wee killer on your weed- I always go for Verdone.

Broad bladed grass is a bit more difficult. Other than digging it out,
the type of grass which thrives best depends on your soil type and pH.
--
hugh

Garden Gnomes care about the environment? Obviously not! Take legal action against fishing groups, under the duty of care rule. Brian[_9_] United Kingdom 0 07-02-2007 08:01 PM
lawn care prices. sp500 Lawns 2 29-03-2003 02:32 PM
Great Lawn Care Web Sites? gilgantic Lawns 1 24-02-2003 08:59 AM
Year Around Lawn Care Tips? gilgantic Lawns 1 19-02-2003 10:10 PM
North Carolina Red Dirt Lawn Care gilgantic Lawns 1 03-02-2003 06:22 PM