Old 20-04-2005, 11:52 PM
Xi Wang

Well, I think the search thing has problems handling apostrophes, but
other than that, I haven't had any problems. If I wanted to search for
something like Phal. Nobby's Fox, you can't just type in Nobby's Fox
because that returns no hits. But with "s Fox" you do get the desired
results. The great thing about the RHS search site is that if you type
in something like abc, it returns results with "abc" anywhere in the
name, not just the beginning. Occasionally, the system is acting up
overall, but I've never had to do it 6 times to get a result. The
system is pretty accurate, and more up to date than Wildcatt probably
(but only for basic parentage information)...plus I have the
registration PDF files from the last 3 years saved on my harddrive .
This way, whatever is missing from the RHS site (it does take time to
update), I can still search through. These PDFs can also be downloaded
from their site.

Cheers,
Xi

keith ;-) wrote:
Thanks all,Xi do you have problems with the Rhs orchid reg search.I tried to
search this plant but didn't get any hits until about the six time I
tried.Cant understand why?