Old 21-04-2005, 05:49 AM
madgardener

now if you want to see what NO pruning will do for forsythia's that are
spaced the right amount, give me a holler and I'll send you a picture of my
neighbor's down the road whose forsythia's are over 50 years old and never
been whacked. This year they were awesome..............
madgardener, who finally totally removed one 35 year old forsythia and still
has the other one that I prune a third out of every year since moving here
ten years ago
"Mark Anderson" wrote in message
.net...
This year my Forsythia had the most blooms in the over 12 years I've
lived here. When I moved here this bush was already over 10 years old so
its old. I've been struggling taming this bush for the last 7 years and
last year I got so frustrated with it I almost chopped the entire bush
down. Then I went to google to figure out how to prune it. Paghat's
site was in the first page of links when I used "pruning forsythia" as
keywords. I learned to just let the bush be and do nothing. This spring
it has the most flowers I have ever seen. Here's a pic:

http://www.brandylion.com/images/forsythia.jpg