Old 21-04-2005, 03:35 PM
[H]omer

Chris French and Helen Johnson wrote:
In message , "[H]omer"
writes

Just bought one of those Paraffin heaters (the one that lasts two
weeks), for my newly assembled mini-greenhouse.

All I need now is the Paraffin, but ... er ... where do you buy it?

DIY sheds, garden centres, hardware shops, garages (not on the pump
nowadays) etc. - not all but at least some will sell paraffin in
plastic 5L containers.

Thanks. I've never actually seen the stuff for sale anywhere, although
until now I haven't really been looking.

I don't have a car (never have) and all the 'local' DIY/Garden suppliers
are miles away, in places that aren't on a direct bus route (the wilds
of Scotland). So getting anything other than bread and milk round here
is a major ordeal, and even the bread is stale most of the time.

99% of everything I buy is off the .Net, but Paraffin is one of those
'dangerous goods' items that probably can't be posted, right?

Anyway, if the local garage doesn't stock it, I suppose I'll just have
to take a taxi into town.

BTW - I had a look at your Website - great source of info, thanks. There
is one problem though; the anchor links #seeds, #equip, #organic and
#websites don't work because they link to
"file:///H|/WEBSTUFF/familyfrench/garden/urgfaq/index.html#anchor-link"
rather than the website. Great page otherwise though.

Thanks again,

-
[H]omer