Old 21-04-2005, 03:41 PM
Sue Begg

In message , "[H]omer"
writes
JB wrote:
On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 05:45:12 +0100, "[H]omer" wrote:

Just bought one of those Paraffin heaters (the one that lasts two
weeks), for my newly assembled mini-greenhouse.

All I need now is the Paraffin, but ... er ... where do you buy it?

Best options are to look for old fashioned hardware stores or garages
in semi-rural locations.

Thanks. When the heater arrives, I'll nip along to the garage and ask.

Isn't a bit late in the year to be starting to heat your greenhouse?

Not in Cruden Bay; the wind off the North Sea is freezing right up to
mid-summer. I only erected the Greenhouse 3 days ago, hence the heating
requirement at this time.

The thermometer in the Greenhouse recorded 10/oC as the lowest temp last
night, with averages of around 20/oC during the day (on cloudy days) -
is that too cold for young plants like Begonia, Portulaca etc.?

-
[H]omer

Probably a bit far out of the way for you but if all else fails
Cameron's Garage in Cuminestown have it at about half the price of B&Q.
But you have to take your own container.
--
Sue Begg
Remove my clothes to reply.

Do not mess in the affairs of dragons - for
you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!