Old 22-04-2005, 01:03 AM
Jim Lewis

Craig Cowing wrote:
I collected a very gnarly tree that I believe is an apple of some sort.
I cut it off so it's just a bare trunk now. The new shoots are coming
out purplish in color. The leaves are just beginning to turn green but
they're almost an inch long and still mostly purple. Could this be this
variety, or something else?

Was it collected from a current/former yard? I don't think it exists in
the "wild." It should have very dark, maybe shiny, bark.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - When we see land as
a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and
respect - Aldo Leopold - A Sand County Almanac

++++Sponsored, in part, by Edmund Castillo++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++