Old 22-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Tiger303 Tiger303 is offline
Registered User

Location: Manchester

Janet,

I've bought an jasmin officinale argenteovariegatum last year and when it flowered late june/july it was lovely, but the flowering period was quite short and someone correctly or incorrectly told me with regular feeding you can keep the flowring for the rest of the summer.

Whats your view on this? is it a bit like greedy clemtais give a good bonmeal feed at start of season and then a tomato liquid feed every two weeks?

thanks 4 your help!

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Tweedy
Charlie, I have three jasmine's , officinale, stephanese and a
variegated one. They all flower and are scented though you really can't
trim them or prune them in anyway without a loss of flower! The
variegated one has such pretty leaves that actually it's acceptable
without flowers

The main thing that I find difficult ids that unless it's grown over an
arch or pergola the growth is very upright and it has to be fairly
rigorously tied back or it goes berserk! The scent from officinale is
very strong though some visitors actually don't like the smell. The
stephanese and the variegated plant aren't quite so scented.