Old 22-04-2005, 01:13 PM
Phisherman

New grass normally is very fine, it will get darker and tougher with
time. Sharpen your blade and mow when the ground is not soggy. Back
off on the watering to 1" per week (either rain or watering).

On 20 Apr 2005 08:26:30 -0700, "titanandrews"
wrote:

Hi,

I have posted several times to this newsgroups about overseeding and
you guys have been very helpful! Thanks! Hopefully this will be the
last post about this particular subject.

The grass that I overseeded 31/2 weeks ago is now about 3" high in
most places. It looks very fragile though. I guess this is normal for
new grass? I was just wondering if mowing with a riding lawnmower will
damage the new grass. I really need to mow, because the weeds and other
grass are getting a little out of hand.

Also, is it really necessary to water every day after the new grass
has germinated and is growing? How much water is recommended?

thanks again,