Old 22-04-2005, 02:39 PM
nanner

Default Long Island Climbing Rose: Newbie Questions

Hi - I have never grown roses and would like to put a trellis on the East
facing side of my shed.

I am trying to research climbing roses and what will be good for a beginner
like me. I am looking at New Dawn and someone suggested Climbing Pinkie but
I can't find much info on that or where to buy it. I really don't know what
varieties I should consider. I don't love the tiny roses with few leaves and
I would like some color (pink or red preferred - but I'm sure yellow would
be lovely too)

I am not sure if I can plant other flowers/plants in front of the roses or
if the bed size matters.Right now I made a narrow bed, about 2' x 8' (width
of shed)

If you can give me any advice I'd appreciate it. I would love to hear from
anyone on Long Island because it seems our climate and growing conditions
are different than NY or the surrounding areas.

Thanks so much!