Old 23-04-2005, 12:30 AM
S Orth

If it gets at least 6 hrs of sun, it should suffice. As far as fertilizer,
use something higher in phosphorus than the other 2 ingredients, typically
what is sold for flowering plants. If you've been fertilizing your lawn
beneath the tree, it's likely getting more nitrogen, which would lead to
lots of green growth, but very little for flowering.

Hope this helps!
Suzy in Wis., zone 5

"Sandy Tipper" wrote in message
We have a Columnar Siberan ceab apple, doing very nicely as far as leaves
go.
The year we planted it, it bloomed, and the next year. But for two oe
three years since, there have only een at most 20 blossoms or so.
It only gets morning and noon sun, but another one up the street in simiar
light snd worse soil bloo ms spectacularly every year. Could it need
fertilizing? With what?

Thanks,
Sandy in Toronto