Old 23-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Rod

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 23:57:23 +0100, "r.p.mcmurphy"
wrote:

do you know how much it takes? and is there a
level hole or other means of checking oil level?

ta

Steve

There is a plug with a square head on top of the transmission casing -
when you undo that you'll find a dip stick on it. If you like doing
things slowly and messily you can top up through that, there's also a
big square plate bolted on top of the casing, much easier to top up
through that. As I said before I can't remember the capacity but
compared with modern machines it is a *lot*. I might get chance to get
a look for the drain plug if I go in to work tomorrow.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.