Old 23-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Tom Atkinson

I have a few seeds if anyone would like some
Tom Atkinson
"Rod" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 15:38:49 +0100, Dave Poole
wrote:

Its a fabulous wall or carpeting shrub Tom. I grew it here for a
while, but the only suitable spot available was in a large tub on a
flat roof area. When grown in this fashion, it tends to be somewhat
short -lived and mine finally ran out of steam a couple of years ago.
Unfortunately it is a bit tender and in many parts of the country, is
best treated as a cold greenhouse plant. Those clusters of rich red
or purest white, lobster-claw like flowers are well worth the effort
and as you say, flowering can start in early winter and slowly build
up to a climax in spring.

I saw a young one in flower in a very sheltered corner near the
greenhouses at Arley Hall in Cheshire last spring.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply.