Old 24-04-2005, 01:00 AM
RichToyBox

I have used Larval Diet from Aquatic ECO. LD100 and LD400. The fry develop
at different rates and as soon as one gets large enough to get the small in
its mouth, the small get named Lunch. The numbers will drop by 50 to 80%
due to the ones named Lunch disappearing.
--
RichToyBox

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message
About 10 days ago I put a huge bunch of parrots feather in my larger pond.
Within a day or so the koi went into a 48 hour breeding frenzy. I removed
the PF and spread it out between a kiddy pool and 3 planted barrels. I
looked carefully at sundown and saw quadrillions of koi fry swimming all
over the place. Eeeeek! I poured some green water in the barrels and
pool.
I'm clueless as to what to feed them that would be tiny enough. I crumbled
flakes into a powder. I hope a few survive. I know a few will in the
pond
itself. I never had so many to hatch out like this. I'm sure there wont
be
enough natural food for them all so they'll need supplemental feedings.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...