Old 24-04-2005, 10:30 AM
dusty

Hi Steve
I too have experienced a similar problem with my phals. Like you say
someone mentioned a micro fungus. Your pictures look just like what was
going one with my phals. Also I could not find a the fugicide mentioned so
I tried what I had Spectracide immuox. I used the standard spray mix to
drench my phals and the meda, I already lost a bunch of favorites to this
thing so what the hell. With in a week I had swarms of fungus nats
apparently starving. This was weird because most of my plants where in new
meda or fairly new media and I've only seen one or two when I watered
before. Could be that they are a possible carriers of this thing.
I drenched my plants every two weeks (the product states it protects that
long) After three months my plants stopped showing symptoms and started
showing improvements. Oh yea fungus nats totally disappeared. I stopped
treating after 5 months. It's now been 7 months since I started the
treatment and I haven't seen a recurrence as of yet.
I don't know if this is a cure for what you have or even what I have. Since
I'm starting to see fungus nats again I'm thinking of drenching the phals
with immunox again.
dusty